The 2022 UK – Ireland Planning Research Conference will take place at the University of Manchester from 5th – 7th September, and coincides with the Department of Planning and Environmental Management’s 70th anniversary.
2nd call for abstracts and extended submission deadline
Building on the RTPI’s digital planning manifesto, this year’s conference theme is Planning in, and for, a Digital World. Our keynote speakers will focus on this important aspect of planning ‘reform’; ranging from the implications of the metaverse, to how the ‘digital’ may or may not transform planning practice, and the possible erosion of public participation. Further details are here https://psfuk.wordpress.com/prc-2022/
We welcome papers on all aspects of planning as is the tradition with the annual UK-Ireland PRC. Conference tracks will include topics such as:
· Equality and Diversity – including access to digital tool, services and ‘data’
· GI and Climate Change
· Healthy Neighbourhoods
· Housing and Regeneration
· Infrastructure and Transport Planning
· Neighbourhood and Community Planning
· Planning education and pedagogy – including digital planning skills
· Planning History, Preservation and Conservation
· Planning Theory and Practice
· PlanTech, the Metaverse and Digital Methods
· Real Estate in the post-pandemic era
· Rural Planning, Ecology and Rewilding
· Territorial Governance and Strategic Planning
· Urban Design and place-making
We are also happy to accept proposal for roundtable discussions.
Abstract submission close: Monday 16th May 2022 - If you already submitted by the original Thursday 14th April you will still receive a response by Fri 29th April.
Abstract acceptances sent: Friday 20th May 2022
Early bird registration deadline: Friday 17th June 2022
Final conference registration deadline: Sunday 31st July 2022