Call for Transition Management Services provider for the AESOP Websites, Institutional Repository and Open Journal Services
Published at: 11 April 2021
The Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP) is currently seeking applications for a Transition Management Services provider to assist with the completion of a series of tasks to transition from the current websites of AESOP and Young Academics (YA) to a new website and also launch a new Institutional Repository and Open Journal Services within AESOP and YA websites.
The Transition Management Services provider will liaise and work with the Secretary General’s (SG) Office, the Young Academics (YA) Coordination Team, the current Website manager, the provider of the new website and Institutional Repository \and the AEKOM team (advisors to AESOP on securing the website, institutional repository and open journal system).
The task is to be completed within a period of 6 months, corresponding to the implementation phase of the contract awarded to Stichting OpenAccess for providing AESOP and YA Websites Design, the AESOP Institutional Repository as well as OJS Services for Transactions and plaNext.
The Transition Management Services provider should be able to;
· coordinate communication between AESOP and Stichting OpenAccess,
· oversee the development throughout the process,
· help in preparing content (and delivering it to Stichting OpenAccess)
· implement and organize detailed testing
· formulate additional requests (for corrections) based on testing results,
· organize and coordinate training (the initial training should be provided by Stichting OpenAccess)
· report regularly to the AESOP Secretary General, Young Academics and AESOP journal editors
The skills required for this role are:
· familiarity with the basic principles of operation of websites, IRs and journal management platforms (e.g. he/she should know which functions each of these should have and be able
to check whether they work or not),
· basic knowledge of metadata
· excellent organizational skills.
The interested applicant is required to quote the remuneration needed, (up to a maximum of 5000 EUR), to manage the above transition over a period of 6 months including the schedule of payment. Candidates are requested to send their CV and a statement of motivation noting relevant experience to the Secretary General by 24th of May 2021(firstname.lastname@example.org).
The applications will be evaluated on the experience of the services provider in combination the cost of services proposed.
Please contact the office of the Secretary General using the email address email@example.com for any further queries.