Call for hosting AESOP Heads of Schools Meeting 2015
Published at: 5 March 2013
AESOP is looking for the candidates willing to host AESOP Heads of Schools Meeting in 2015. The candidate has to be AESOP member institution.
for hosting AESOP 2015 Heads of Schools Meeting
AESOP member institutions interested in hosting AESOP Heads of Schools Meeting are kindly asked to send their application before 30th May 2014 to the Secretary General (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application shall contain:
(a) Information about the hosting institution:
- research and educational profile;
- organizational capacity to host the event;
- possible collaboration format with local institutions (local authorities, planning associations);
- financial capacity to host the event;
- hotel capacity of the location;
- public transport information;
- average costs for participants (hotel, meals, transport/day);
(c) Information about proposed study tours.
Council of Representatives may consider attractiveness of the place from the perspective of planners as an additional advantage of the application.
The application will be made available for the members of the Council of Representatives before CoRep meeting which will take place on 9th July 2014 at the University of Utrecht.
Representative of the applying institution on the request of this institution may be given 10 minutes time to present the proposal to the CoRep. This request shall be clearly expressed in the application. Representative of the applying institution will be invited to present the proposal during CoRep meeting on 9th July 2014 at the University of Utrecht. Executive Committee strongly recommends the candidates to use this opportunity to address directly the Council. Secretary General will inform the appointed representative about detailed time of presentation. AESOP will not reimburse travel costs of the representative to Utrecht.
In case no representative of the applying institution is appointed, Event Officer and Secretary General will present the proposal to the CoRep.
Council of Representatives will decide about location of the AESOP Heads of Schools Meeting 2015 during the meeting on 9th July 2014 at the University of Utrecht.
Applying institutions need to be aware that:
- AESOP will determine the topic and the programme of the Heads of Schools Meeting;
- AESOP will determine the fee for participants, which local host would like to establish;
- AESOP is only able to provide financial support to a limited extent in the form of the deficit guarantee up till 2.000 EUR;
- the host will be asked to provide the venue for the AESOP Council of Representatives meeting (70 persons) and AESOP Executive Committee meeting (10 persons);
- the exact date of the event will be negotiated with the host, although the event is supposed to take place in February-March 2015;
- the AESOP Heads of Schools Meeting normally attracts an audience of 100-150 people and usually consists of plenary sessions and the parallel workshops;
- the AESOP Heads of Schools Meeting usually takes place on Saturday, Council of Representatives Meeting on Friday and Executive Committee on Thursday;
- the host is responsible for the study tours, which usually are organised the day after Heads of Schools Meeting (Sunday).
Accepted file formats of the applications: doc, docx, rtf, pdf, jpg, gif, png, bmp.
If you have any questions please address AESOP Event Officer or Secretary General.
Categorized as : AESOP NewsTagged as :