- Guidance to fill out the applications has been added (in grey colour) under each item specified in the application form. Please follow the instructions accordingly.
- Please review our QR Timeline 2019-20, which specifies the different phases of interaction between the Excellence in Education Board and the individual applicants from the time of submission onwards during 2020.
The Path towards Quality Recognition 2019-2020
- AESOP member schools from all across Europe were encouraged to submit their QR applications. The call for applications remained open from 1 Nov 2019 until 14 Feb 2020.
- The application and the procedure is based on single programmes’ recognition initiated by the AESOP school members on voluntary basis.
- The new timeline 2019-2020 depicts the pathway to obtain quality recognition (see QR Timeline 2019-20).
- Each application will be evaluated by 2-3 members appointed by the Chair.
- A QR working group was appointed by the Chair to process the new applications during the period of February-June 2020. The group is comprised of the following members:
- Angelique Chettiparamb, University of Reading, UK
- Maros Finka, Slovak University of Technology, Slovenia
- Ana Peric, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Paulo Silva, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Tijana Dabovic, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Daniel Galland, NMBU, Norway (EEB Chair)
- Planning programmes that are granted quality recognition will obtain the AESOP Certificate of Quality and Quality Recognition Report (valid until 2026). Both will be delivered to programme representatives at the AESOP Congress General Assembly in Bristol, UK.
‘Standardisation’ of AESOP Quality Recognition Process
- As communicated by the EEB Chair during the AESOP General Assembly in Venice, the EEB has developed new criteria for quality recognition, which will be used as a benchmark against which planning programmes will be evaluated during the term 2019-2020.
- The AESOP Certificates of Quality will be displayed on the AESOP QR webpage to promote a proactive and cooperative process of collective improvement of quality in planning education among the AESOP member schools.
About AESOP Quality Recognition
AESOP's mission is Promoting Excellence in Planning Education and Research. By Quality Recognition, we understand making the best of the plurality and diversity of approaches of our schools, in a process based on the cooperation between our schools. Consequently, AESOP Quality Recognition does not follow a competitive ‘ranking list’ approach.
AESOP EEB Chair
15 January 2020