Call for Editor-in-Chief for Transactions
Published at: 3 October 2019
AESOP is looking for an Editor-in-Chief for its journal Transactions of the Association of European Schools of Planning.
Transactions of the Association of European Schools of Planning is an international peer-reviewed open-access journal, produced and owned by AESOP. The journal aims at promoting excellence in planning education and research, a key goal for AESOP. By expanding the already rich opportunities for networking and scholarly dialogue that AESOP offers via annual congresses, thematic group activities, and specialist meetings such as the Heads of Schools workshops, Transactions serves as a platform for the planning community to share research, innovative practices, and provocative thoughts among peers.
The Editor-in-Chief, in consultation with other Editorial Board members, will be responsible for:
- Constituting the Editorial Board and Chairing Editorial Board meetings
- Leading the formulation of the Journal’s Editorial Policy
- Operational matters handling manuscripts from submission to decision (including processing manuscripts for review, overseeing the review process and facilitating decisions on accepting/rejecting/asking for revisions).
- Liaison with the Production team to maintain high quality production standards.
How to Apply
Individuals interested need to submit the following to the AESOP Secretary General;
- An expression of Interest – (max 1 A4 size page) detailing why they are a suitable candidate
- A current CV
- A statement from their institution supporting the candidate’s application and assuring release time.
The application in .doc or .pdf format needs to be sent to the Secretary General (email@example.com) before 31st of January, 2020. The documents will then be made available to the ExCo and the CoRep.
If you have any enquiries do not hesitate to ask the Secretary General, Angelique Chettiparamb (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ela Babalık-Sutcliffe (email@example.com), the contact person of the current Working Team for Transactions.