7-8 November, 2019 in Lisbon, Portugal.
The 18th meeting of our Thematic Group aspires to provide platform where interdisciplinary crossovers among policy-making, games, urban design, simulation, analytical models and other digital technologies can harness urban complexity by interlocking theory and practice in planning.
The diversity in city games is growing and we welcome it into the meeting. We encourage theoretical, methodological and case-study papers that:
- showcase how games can promote future cities,
- analyse critical conditions for successful application of games
- evaluate how games can provide grip on the intrinsic complex nature of cities.
Prof. Juval Portugali, amongst others know from his books on Complexity, Cognition and Cities, will deliver a keynote speech.
You are invited to joint this meeting and to submit an abstract. Abstract should be no longer than 500 words and address one of the above mentioned themes. Submission can be done here and the deadline 30th of June 2019.
Do not hestitate to distribute this call for abstracts in your network.
- Deadline for submitting abstracts: 30 of June 2019
- Notification acceptance of abstracts: 31 of July of 2019
- Deadline submitting full papers: 15 of October 2019